Thursday, August 18, 2011

Favorite Places: Number 1


Central Park: The Imagine Mosaic at Strawberry Fields

By far my most favorite place in NYC if not the world. Imagine is my favorite word and the song by John Lennon is one of my favorite songs. I love everything that both stand for. I mean "imagine" it just fills you with a desire to go out and capture your dreams. And the song has such a fabulous message of peace.

The mosaic is a memorial to John Lennon in Central Park. It is near the Dakota where he lived and was killed.

I know exactly where this obsession came from. I was obsessed with Dawson's Creek in high school and early college. In one episode from season 3 Dawson takes down everything in his room and is trying to "find" himself. At the end Joey brings in a poster of John Lennon's self portrait and it says Imagine. The song plays as the episode ends.

Yup, I will own that one. That was when I was eighteen. I haven't really let up since then. I have "imagine" all over my house and my office.

My junior year of college MercyMe came out with I Can Only Imagine and that has all kinds of special meaning to me.

Overall, the Imagine Mosaic at Strawberry Fields is my favorite place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment